Creating a strong employer brand is the #1 most important initiative for any growing workplace today.
According to a new study, 71% of employees are searching for a new job! People are feeling under appreciated and over stressed at work. Additionally, people are more mobile than ever before, so top people, especially those with in-demand skills in technology, sales and healthcare, are inundated with calls and emails from headhunters. Skilled recruiters paint rosy pictures of new opportunities. Even people who thought they were happy in their jobs are flattered and seduced by recruiters’ pretty pitches. So what do you do to attract and retain top talent?
Whether you’re adding staff or just trying to keep the ones you have, your employer brand can set you apart – or not. What makes your company unique and your culture desirable? Having a “meh” image as an employer is almost as bad as having a poor reputation. One way to add sparkle to your employer brand is to be recognized as one of the Top Companies in Arizona. A whopping 95% of employers who gain workplace recognition see benefits like this:
- Reduced turnover. Employee morale receives a boost and employee retention is increased. Top workplaces are in demand among top talent – and award-winning companies have up to 65% less turnover.
- Talent magnetism. Top workplaces are in demand among top talent. Companies like Charles Schwab and USAA who have won numerous local and national workplace awards have a distinct advantage in attracting great people. If your company is smaller, award-winning status can help you compete for great talent.
- Polished reputation. Customers, prospective employees, and the community hold top workplaces in high esteem.
- Media exposure. Recognition on azcentral.com and BestCompaniesAZ.com will keep your award alive all year long, reaching over 82% of Arizona.
- Better financial performance. Yes, really! Public companies recognized as best workplaces in Arizona have performed two to three times better than the market. Smaller companies perform better too; 80% of small award-winning workplaces grew in revenue share, and 88% added headcount even during the recession.
- Greater insight. Survey feedback reports provide you with valuable, specific information about increasing your employee engagement. You can benefit in this way even if you don’t make the list this year.
- Customers love it. Numerous studies demonstrate that top companies also measure stronger than average customer ratings.
What business wouldn’t want to experience benefits like this? Your first step in gaining workplace recognition is to register your company for the 2018 azcentral.com Top Companies to Work for in Arizona – the deadline is January 12, 2018. This could be the most important action you take before the end of the year!
About the Author
Lee Vikre – Hiring Jedi
A workplace culture maven, writer, and speaker, Lee Vikre has helped numerous companies develop “best company” cultures, gaining recognition at the local and national level. Lee has been called the Jedi Master of hiring because of her exceptional recruiting abilities and friendships with people who love Star Wars. Her favorite activities involve matching people with their dream jobs at award-winning best companies. Lee coaches CEOs but still hasn’t been able to train her three dogs not to bark during conference calls.