Leadership Excellence: The importance of diversity and inclusion at Voya is reinforced at the highest level. Voya’s board of directors is composed of a highly-skilled group of individuals representing a diversity of gender, expertise, and skills. The importance we place on diverse perspectives is exempliﬁed in the composition of Voya’s leaders:
- Board of Directors: 57% women
- Executive Committee: 38% women; 13% racially/ethnically diverse Metro Phoenix employees (2019)
- Female: Metro Phoenix – 51%
- Racial/ethnic diversity: Metro Phoenix – 44%
This year, Voya was named to the Forbes 2020 Best Employers for Diversity list and recognized on the 2020 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index.
Workplace Culture: A key driver of Voya’s cultural transformation has been Voya’s commitment to Continuous Improvement (CI). Voya employees have experienced the power of CI, through a formal training program, and a new, better way of working. CI has armed Voya leaders with the skills to lead and coach more effectively. It has empowered all employees to strive for improvement and always put the customer at the center of everything they do.
Social Responsibility: Voya Financial has a long history of giving back to the communities where they live and work, and volunteerism is the cornerstone of that commitment. To support this commitment, Voya provides full-time employees with 40 hours of paid volunteer time annually, enabling them to volunteer for charitable causes that are important to them. In recognition of Voya’s commitment to social responsibility, the company earned the 2019 Business Journal’s Corporate Philanthropy award.
Customer Opinion: Voya regularly surveys for customer satisfaction results, and 96.4% of the individuals who respond after interacting with Voya customer service representatives in Arizona say that they are “extremely” or “very” satisfied with their experience.
Innovation: To streamline operational processes, Voya introduced Robotic Process Automation (RPA), to automate repetitive, mundane tasks, thereby freeing up employees to concentrate on work that requires emotional intelligence, reasoning, judgment, and customer interaction.
- Commitment to Community: The annual Employee Giving Campaign raises nearly $5 million in one month and employees donate to a nonprofit of their choice with a foundation match of $5K.
- A Great Culture: Voya offers a supportive and collaborative culture that allows employees to take on responsibility and engage colleagues across the firm.
- Exceptional Retirement Benefits: 6% 401(k) match, 4% defined benefit pension plan, and a deferred comp plan which align with our company’s overall mission to make a secure financial future possible – one person, one family, one institution at a time.
World’s Most Ethical Companies®, 2014-2020
Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies, 2018, 2020
Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index, 2018-2020
Human Rights Campaign, Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality, Corporate Equality Index Perfect Score, 2006-2020
Barron’s “100 Most Sustainable Companies” list, 2018-2020 (No. 3)
Disability Equality Index – Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion, 2018, 2019
Great Place to Work®, 2016-2019
Working Mother magazine’s 100 Best Companies, 2019
Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index, 2016-2019
Pensions & Investments Best Places to Work in Money Management, 2015-2019
Forbes World’s Best Employer, 2018
National Association for Female Executives Top Companies for Executive Women, 2018
Fortune’s Best Workplaces for Giving Back, 2018
MSCI ESG Leaders Indexes (formerly MSCI Global Sustainability Indexes), 2015-2018
Environmental Protection Agency Green Power Leadership Club, 2008-2018
Environmental Protection Agency Green Power Partnership Fortune 500 partner, 2018
FTSE4GOOD Index Series, 2018
Newsweek Green Rankings, 2015-2017