We strive to transform all our employees into a team of talented, engaged individuals who balance care for the people with care for the business.
- Internal promotions: 10% of our current employee population has been promoted in the last 12 months
- Leadership Pathway: Customized training and coaching at every level of the organization through: Leadership Development Workshops, LinkedIn Learning; and 2 coaching sessions per month with Human Resources and Executive Leadership
- Referral program success:Over half the people we’ve hired in 2019 have been employee referrals!
We ensure that we are providing for the needs of our workforce in the best possible way. We listen and make changes when and where we can.
- Strive6 program: Team members nominate one another for making an impact through living our values (service-oriented, trustworthy, responsible, innovative, vested, empowering). So far in 2019 we have had over 275 nominations!
- Listening tools: Employee surveys, monthly town halls to celebrate team/client successes, executive lunches to brainstorm ideas, weekly 1v1s between employees and their managers.
- Annual benefits surveys: Recent feedback overwhelmingly indicated a desire for a more casual dress code. We listened and just launched our new dress code app including casual dress for non-client facing team members.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Our Open Wide Foundation is a non-profit organization on a mission to bring lasting change to the state of oral health in underserved communities worldwide.
- Establishes clinics in places where previously no access was available and provides resources to local dentists providing services to the local community.
- Modern equipment and supplies are donated by our industry partners and individual donors, making it possible to provide preventive and restorative care where none existed before.
- After five years, the community takes over all aspects of a model clinic, leaving a legacy of continuing care and improved health for the people of the community for generations to come.
Spear’s dental patient education videos gives patients a greater understanding of conditions and treatments – and gives dentists increased case acceptance. Our platform and tablet app engage patients with animated, research- driven videos. We provide lobby videos, chairside resources and FireStick and AppleTV technology. Spear Practice Solutions (SPS), was designed to improve dental practice operation and enhance the patient experience. This software application, built from scratch by Spear developers, has found major traction in the market.