Why We're Admired
Arizona's 2019 Most Admired Companies
- The Aspiring Leader program is for individual contributors who demonstrate high potential and a strong desire to grow their leadership skills. The purpose is to build a talent pipeline of ready candidates for future leadership positions, increasing the breadth of leadership who champion our client’s goals with passion and integrity. The uniquely designed curriculum focuses on self-leadership, having a leadership mindset, and leading with purpose.
- Leadership@Schwab is how the company defines what it means to be a great leader at Schwab. More than a single program or class series, it’s an on-going, multi-year initiative with several integrated tracks and experiences to help Schwab’s people and their business thrive. It includes self-guided learning, targeted development programs, team working sessions, organizational processes, and support to help individuals develop their leadership style and practice new behaviors.
- The company seeks employee engagement through a strengths-based approach. All employees complete a Gallup assessment to identify their top strengths. Focusing on strengths creates a positive, empowering work environment. Engaged employees are personally invested in the financial wellbeing of our clients. They champion each client’s goals with passion and integrity, in a team-oriented, collegial environment.
- The most highly unique and coveted employee benefit, eligible employees have the ability to take paid sabbaticals (28 calendar days) after every five years of service. This important time off promotes personal and professional development, community service, and higher levels of future performance and engagement.
- Schwab provides an inclusive work environment, encouraging employees to celebrate their diversity through a network of employee resource groups. ERGs are a resource for employee growth and development, offering opportunities to network internally, participate in community events, volunteer with nonprofit organizations, building business knowledge, and connect with clients and consumers from diverse communities at investor education events. More than 30% of Schwab employees belong to at least one ERG and more than 70 ERG chapters have been created to date.
Corporate and Social Responsibility
Now in its 16th year, Schwab Volunteer Week engages more than 7,600 Charles Schwab employees across the company honored Schwab’s long-standing culture of investing in its communities through philanthropy and volunteer service by participating in Schwab Volunteer Week May 2019 with a week of volunteer projects that help local and national nonprofit organizations. This year’s event marks another record-breaking year for employee participation and Arizona represented nearly 1,300 volunteers working on 62 projects benefiting 26 nonprofits for over 5,100 hours invested in the community. Arizona staff represented 17% over the volunteers.
To simplify its approach to comprehensive professional guidance and financial planning for the firm’s digital advisory services, Charles Schwab moved to a new subscription pricing model for Schwab Intelligent Advisory™ and renamed the service Schwab Intelligent Portfolios Premium™. The new pricing model delivers a modern approach to planning. In an article describing the change, InvestmentNews said Schwab moving to subscription fees could be a watershed moment for the advice industry.Schwab Intelligent Portfolios™ is a fully automated investment advisory service that uses sophisticated computer algorithms and the insights of Charles Schwab Investment Advisory, Inc. to build, monitor and rebalance diversified low-cost portfolios based on an investor’s stated goals, time horizon and risk tolerance. Schwab Intelligent Portfolios charges no advisory fees, commissions or account service fees.
Join our network for updates on events, career openings, best practices, and more!