The Better Business Bureau Torch Awards for Ethics recognize companies that display an outstanding level of ethics and integrity in all business dealings.
These companies generate a high level of trust among employees, customers and the community. The award is open to all for-profit businesses located in central, northern and western Arizona that are in good standing with BBB. BBB Accreditation is not required.
How It Works
A company must first be nominated for the award. Nominate a company for the 2018 Torch Awards for Ethics. Nomination Deadline: December 15, 2017. Application Deadline: January 8, 2018.
There are five categories based on number of employees:
- Category I: 1 to 10 employees
- Category II: 11 to 20 employees
- Category III: 21 to 50 employees
- Category IV: 51 to 150 employees
- Category V: 151+ employees
After a company is nominated, they are asked to complete an online evaluation questionnaire. The questionnaire asks each company to demonstrate their commitment to ethics by addressing the following six categories:
- Leadership Commitment to Ethics
- Communications of Ethical Practices
- Organizational Commitment to Ethical Practices
- Organizational Commitment to Performance Management Practices
- Organizational Commitment to Ethical Human Resource Practices
- Organizational Commitment to the Community
The Judging Process
An independent panel of judges composed of community leaders reviews entries. The judges select 15 finalists, three recipients for each category.
A company must meet the following criteria to apply:
Been in business 3 years or more
Earn at least an “A-” rating from the BBB
Demonstrate they have met all financial obligations
Have not won this award in the past three years
Nominate a deserving company for the 2018 Torch Awards for Ethics.
Nomination Deadline: December 15, 2017.
Application Deadline: January 8, 2018.