USAA is unlike any other financial services organization. When you join us, you’ll become part of a thriving community committed to going above for those who have gone beyond: the men and women of the U.S. military, their associates and their families.
We draw upon our unique understanding of the military community’s lives and livelihood, and our own financial strength, to provide a full range of highly competitive financial products and services for every stage of life.
At USAA, you’ll find an inclusive and welcoming environment where everyone has a true passion for our mission. From the moment employees become part of the USAA family, they are immersed in a culture that profoundly embraces the service and sacrifices made by those whom the organization serves – the men and women of the U.S. military and their families. Having the opportunity to serve the financial needs of those who serve the country is an honor for all of us.
Maintaining a workforce that is reflective of our diverse membership and community is vital to our mission. The military community is one of the most diverse in this country and our ability to provide best-in-class service is directly connected to understanding the needs of our membership and providing innovative solutions.
Our culture is the heart of USAA’s brand and the foundation of our organization. Every employee is looked to as a leader who embodies and upholds the USAA core values, a set of aspirational behaviors that guide how we perform and how we treat each other.
USAA makes a consistent effort to reinforce our culture, values and mission, through a variety of channels:
- Connect, our internal employee website, features news, member stories and videos
- UTV, our internal video channel, offers workshops and leadership messages
- Signage and video throughout our various locations highlight new initiatives and programs
- Regular employee meetings bring us all together to learn and share
- USAA marketing, including television commercials, showcases our public brand
- Emphasis on behaviors important to our culture in performance reviews
- Unique employee development programs that help employees apply our cultural priorities in a positive way that leads to better results
- We are proud to be one of the only fully integrated financial services organizations in America
- Financially strong, USAA is ranked 139 on the FORTUNE 500®
- We have over 10 million members
- We are ranked among the top 10 largest homeowners insurers and auto insurers, based on direct written premiums (2013 ranking from SNL Financial data)
- We are ranked among the top 10 credit card providers for both outstanding balance and purchase volume (2012 ranking from Nilson Report, for MC/Visa only)
- We are proud employers of a diverse workforce and inclusive of individuals with disabilities, military and spouses/partners, and a multi-generational workforce
- We have more than 25,000 employees and are a premier employer of the military community
- We continue to grow and are planning to hire 8,000 new employees across our enterprise in the next few years
In order to play a role on our team, you don’t have to be connected to the military yourself – you just need to share our passion for serving our members. Bring your career to USAA and discover an environment like no other.